– Weak flour
– Corn syrup
– Vanilla Extract
1. Sieve the soft flour and yolk separately.
2. After softening the butter, add sugar, salt, and starchsyrup and mix.
3. Add the yolks to the butter and add the egg whites littleby little to make it creamy.
4. Add soft flour and vanilla extract and mix.
5. Leave the finished dough at room temperature for 20 to 30minutes to ripen.
6. Roll out the dough to a thickness of 0.7~0.8cm and shapeit into a round mold.
7. Put the dough on the oven pan, spread the yolk and makepatterns with the back of a fork.
8. Place in an oven preheated to 180 degrees and bake forabout 15 minutes.
Information on the food we made
What are cookies?
Cookies are a popular type of Western sweets. The etymologyis the Dutch koekje, kuk.jə, which meanssmall cake.
It is a type of biscuit made by adding sugar, creamed butter,flour and chemical leavening agent, and adding various favorite foods. Crackersare simply made with flour and leavening agent.
The appearance of cookies is not known exactly, but the foodmost similar to the form of cookies appeared in Persia in the 7th century, whensugar began to be common. It was known in Europe around the 14th century, firstencountered in high society, and then popularized through the French Revolutionin the 18th century. As the discovery of the American continent facilitated thespread of spices, they expanded into foods that anyone could easily eat.
Types of Cookies
– Butter Cookies
– Shortbread Quee
– Gingerbread Man
– Choco Cookies
– Fortune Cookies
What is shortbread?
Shortbread is a representative Scottish cookie and is knownsince Mrs McClitok’s ‘Recipes for Cooking and Pastries’, Scotland’s firstcookbook. Shortbread has a crumbly texture and is made from flour, butter, andsugar. After rolling the dough with a rolling pin and cutting it into thedesired shape, bake it in the oven to make shortbread. Nowadays, shortbreadsare flavored with chocolate, ginger, or ground almonds, but traditionalshortbreads contain nothing but caraway seeds.
In the early days, shortbread had a firm texture by addingsugar and spices to a double-baked roll. At this time, an expanding agent wasused, but these days, butter is used instead of an expanding agent, so you canfeel a much softer and savory flavor.
Shortbread is a trend that is eaten a lot in England, Canada,Australia and New Zealand beyond Scotland. So far, in Scotland, shortening andmargarine are not used, butter is used, and additives other than chocolate orspices are not added.
Kind of shortbread
Shortbread has a slightly different taste and shape dependingon various additives, so we looked into what types there are.
– Almond Shortbread
– Chocolate Shortbread
– Millionaire Shortbread
– Zette Shortbread
– Caramel Shortbread